Kraync Motor Company
Home of The Last Little Guy
During World War II, Frank Kraync Sr. (the First Little Guy) operated his business out of his home. He would buy cars in one part of the state, recondition them (Kraync Custom Conditioned Cars) and sell them in other parts of the state. At the conclusion of the Second World War in 1945, Frank and his brother Vinnie Slocko (Slock) obtained a new car franchise from Nash Motor Co. Their first dealership was located on South Carbon Ave., the site of the Wilcox Building.
In 1945 the brothers added Buick to the company’s offerings. By 1957 they were ready to expand and moved to the current location at 98 South 300 East in Price. The early sixties saw the addition of Kaiser Jeep to the company line up and the death of Frank’s brother Slock. Frank Kraync Sr. Passed in 1970. This circumstance once again left two brothers involved in the business: Frank Jr. and Karl. The 1970’s saw the addition of Oldsmobile and International to the company’s new car line up.
In the 1990’s Kraync Motor’s economic fortunes changed and Frank Jr., the company manager, died. The decision was made to return to the roots of the firm; previously owned vehicles. The current Last Little Guy specialized in offering previously owned late model vehicles. Automobiles are “hand picked” and impeccably prepared before being offered for sale. Over sixty five years, the company has developed a loyal customer base. Most of our customers are repeat buyers who frequently live out of the area and many times out of state. If we don’t have what you are looking for, we often can find it within a week. Our trust level is such that many customers buy a vehicle without ever having seen it. Trades are welcome AND reasonable offers are accepted.
The Last Little Guy not only works diligently to meet the needs of his automotive customers he believes in being involved in his community. Time is always taken to support the economic development in Castle Country.
Experience The Difference!